10 Things I Love About Living as the Only Adult in the House
1. I can do what I want, when I want, within reason. I have a child to care for, but I answer to myself.
2. We can eat the same dinner multiple nights in a row, and no one complains.
3. I can cook with chicken, bell peppers, and a few other things in recipes, and no one complains.
4. I can read as much as I want without feeling like I’m taking away from couple-time.
5. I’m the only parent. Simple.
6. I can get up in the middle of a fitful night (wait, that’s all of them) without disturbing anyone.
7. I can talk to whomever, whenever, and no one else gives a shit, as long as no one else is here, aside from aforementioned, sleeping child.
8. I can be alone in my thoughts. I get alone time. 🙂
9. I set aside time for the things I want to do and the people I want to spend time with.
10. I feel less stress in my life. Well, it’s a trade off, but overall I feel less tension. Not in my back, no. Mama still needs a massage for that.